*Danette O'Hara ran14.01 miles with mapmyRUN.
I almost gave up training last week for the MCM in October cuz those 13 miles almost killed my legs/hips but thanks to John Purnell becoming my coach and me actually listening I had an awesome 14 mile run without stopping!! I'm still slow but my time improved so much and I felt like I owned each mile, BOOM! YES I'M EMOTIONAL AS I'M WRITING THIS POST! Here I come DC/MCM and to my Son, Eddie, & all his Marine brothers stateside, At War & especially our Marines who paid the ultimate price, I WILL RUN EACH STEP THINKING OF HOW PROUD I AM OF EACH OF YOU! SEMPER FI!
* ""Please put this out to whom you think might be interested.
Thx. See you at Bataan..
"Rangers Lead the Way!" (as of Jun 2017 - now Sergeant Major)
SFC Gutierrez, Ricardo (
P.S. , John thanks for all your leadership""
* “The level of service at 25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE is fantastic. Having been a customer for many years, I am consistently impressed by the professionalism of every staff member I have come in contact with. Thank you!”
Sue Fletcher - Texas Band Master's
* "John this event would have never happened w/o you! You are greatly appreciated ! Let's keep in touch.
Ben Woody - H.E.B.'5k on San Antonio's beautiful River walk !
* You were a blessing to us! You helped make this day very special for many of our partners! You Rock !
Erica Strauss - H.E.B.
* I have gained so much respect for you and its amazing to watch how much you care for others. I truly believe there is not another person in San Antonio that cares more about running than you. Thanks for being a wonderful friend.
God Bless - Jimmy Dykes - Coach 25 + years.
*Coach Purnell is San Antonio's Premier Running Coach with the most knowledge in distance training/running in Texas. Preacher - Patrick McCurdy
*31 March 2012 : "Thank you John, you did a great job!" Martha Chapa
* Special thanks for the great effort in helping us to get together, get equipped, and send off the Army Team to the Army Ten Miler in Washington, DC. Again thanks for your concern of the soldiers at Fort Sam Houston.
- John J. Cuddy, Major General.
*Just a special note of thanks to you for your assistance and continuing support of the Bar Foundation Run. It is easy to see that you do this because of the enjoyment you derive from your participation. After seeing the paltry sum that you have willingly accepted through these years for your substantial efforts, I know that you are not doing it for the money. - Ron Bird, Attorney at Law
* Great Turnout!! - Scott Wood
* "It's a really great course..Fast!!" - Gary Brimmer
* "I'm going to have to come out to this one next year. It looks fun!!"-Erik Burciaga
* "Was another great run! Thanks JP :)" Jean Unser
* You have done so much for so many, including me- Larry Macon
** Luke had a great time and what a great run it was...he's a competitive fencer and pentathlete.... this is his second year Qualifying for the US National Championships that will be held at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado this month he will be training for 8 days there and then competing ....Your run was very organized. Big sis had a blast aswell placing 1st in her age group so glad a signed her up last minute . Thank you for a awesome day . -Christine Kolbiniski